Fiercely contested, forever popular and the high point of any tattoo convention, the Tattoo Contests will be returning once more over the weekend.
The weekend offers artists and clients the chance to enter, giving our esteemed panel of judges the incredibly hard task of choosing a winner.
Gunning for one of our coveted awards?
Make sure you’ve got your timings down and don't miss out - judging takes place on the main stage.
If you have any questions about judging, contact email@example.com
Rules & Guidelines
- Only tattoos done at The Great British Tattoo Show are eligible to enter the 2018 awards*
- All entrants MUST be registered to enter. REGISTRATION FORMS TO BE FOUND AT THE INFORMATION POINT.
- All tattoos can ONLY be entered into ONE category.
- The winners from both days will be entered into the Best of Convention category on Sunday.
- No tattoo studio/artists T-shirts to be worn in front of the judges.
- Judges will not be made aware of any artist’s studio or identity.
- Judging will take place on stage in the Arena on the ground floor.
*Oriental bodysuits entered into Best Oriental will be the only tattoos judged that have not been worked on at the show.
Saturday May 26th
Best Avant Garde sponsored by Dermalize Pro
Colour or mono, abstract, distorted reality, brushwork, expressionist, line work, geometric and experimental.
Best Blackwork sponsored by Pulse Light Clinic
Strong presence of black ink, line work, geometric, symmetry.
Colour or mono, defined by the presence of a long-established, traditional tattoo. Includes but is not limited to traditional depictions of the nautical, gypsy, roses etc.
Best Colour sponsored by Directions Hair Colour by La Riche Ltd
A strong presence of colour, water colour, vivid tones with impact.
Best of Saturday sponsored by Studio 18 Ltd
Only winners of the Saturday categories will be judged for Best of Saturday.
Sunday May 27th
Colour or mono, bold lines, revival of traditional tattoo style.
Colour or mono, excellent depiction of oriental, including but not limited to traditional koi and Japanese Oni masks.
Oriental bodysuits entered into this category will be the only tattoos judged that have not been worked on at the show.
Best Realism sponsored by Pulse Light Clinic
Colour or mono, portraits, wildlife, hyper realistic detail.
Best Black & Grey
May be a wide variety of subject but must exclusively be black and grey.
Best of Sunday
Only winners of the Sunday categories will be judged for Best of Sunday.
Best of Convention
Self explanatory - your tattoo is the victor of all and may take it's rightful throne in the Great British Tattoo Show's Hall of Fame.